Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sewing again!



Newest sewing project completed: a tote bag, made for my cousin. She supplied me with this fab fabric -- it's irridescent, sputnik-y, and altogether cool. Inside is royal purple.





We went on a 'photo shoot' together at the Evanston Art Center. Oh, what a beautiful old building. I need to go back and explore and photograph some more.

Wouldn't you love to have a greenhouse like this? Details are amazing -- the carved orb begs to be touched.

And next door is the Grosse Pointe lighthouse. A stately old beauty on the shores of Lake Michigan. I love this place.

1 comment:

auntgeorge said...

Beautiful bag! I know she is going to love it. We have a huge orb like that at the science center in downtown Richmond, VA, only it has water spilling over it and the orb rotates on a thin 1mm sheet of water. your photos are beautiful!! Oh, love your little toad!