Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seriously Cold

Oh, yes it is cold!!


Just the perfect day for sewing, don't you think? Cats snoozing by the woodstove, kettle on, lots of fabric to play with.

We ventured out as far as the library this afternoon, where I picked up this apron book. So many patterns inside . . . but all the ones I love are encircled with bias tape. I'll have to get one of those little bias tape doohickeys so I can make my own. Right now I'm playing with fabrics, as you can tell.



And these fabrics are Jay McCarroll's by Free Spirit -- recent purchase on Fabric Hound. He's the first winner of Project Runway, in case you didn't know. And WHERE, by the way, IS PROJECT RUNWAY?!? Those bozos need to straighten out their differences and get that show back on the air. I need it. Badly. Especially when the weather keeps me inside so much.



Do I sound a wee bit cranky?? A little cabin fever setting in. Oh, the red/white polka dot fabric is Michael Miller. Love polka dots and I'm always looking for red and white. This will suffice for now, but I need one that has a bit smaller polka dots. Love the pretty little purses book, too.


We'll be exiting the cold weather by the weekend, just in time for our son to return from Oklahoma City. He has completed his air traffic controller training at the FAA facility there. Yay! Maybe I can sew him a little tote for his manual or his galoshes or something?!

This cabin fever may be serious.

How are you surviving the cold?

3 comments:

Cathy Cobblestone said...

I simply love all your fabrics - especially the red and white polka dot - 'cause I just LOOOOOOVE polka dots. Was Jay the winner like 2 or 3 seasons ago? I have kind of forgotten and yes, I love that show too. I'm not much of a tv watcher but I do like hearing Heidi Klum - say "you're either in or your out" hehe. Have fun sewing - nothing is better than a pretty apron. It's kind of an addiction for me. Have fun! Blessings, Cathy

Nancy Jo said...

Hey, what is that in the picture that looks like buttons made into a snowflake pattern? Is that really what it is?
Nancy Jo

Katie said...

Yes, that is a button snowflake; my dear sister gave it to me for Christmas -- she got it in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Wish I could make more . . . it is just so pretty. And it will stay in my window all winter (which is unfortunately quite a few more weeks).